We stand out from the competition:
- Our research-active faculty are national experts in areas including environmental, health, labor, public and international economics, as well as economic theory, macroeconomics and econometrics. They bring the analytical tools and cutting edge insights to their teaching.
- The small classroom setting and formal mentoring creates the more intimate feel of a liberal arts college within the dynamic environment of a major research university.
- We have a dedicated Career and Professional Success office to help you land that job.
Paul College’s program is one of the most rigorous in the country, and one of the best, ranked 39 in the U.S. by The Financial Engineer (TFE). Students earn their degree in 10 months.
- Emphasizes quantitative and data-analysis skills highly sought after by the private and public sector
- Flexibility to take courses from our MBA program
- Capstone research project with one-on-one mentoring
- Coursework counts toward Ph.D. degree
- Scholarships available
Paul College’s program is one of only a handful in the country that has a dual emphasis on training students as research economists and college professors. Students learn economic theory and econometrics at the highest level and can pursue coursework and receive supervised training in the teaching of economics.
- Research specializations in environmental, health and international economics
- Formal mentoring in college teaching through the Cognate in College Teaching program leads to a graduate certificate
- Support for conference travel
- Coursework in history of thought and methodology
- Graduate assistantships and scholarships available